Thursday, January 5, 2012

Season 6, Memphis Roller Derby! Here we go!

It's bout time again!  January is also a recruitment month for fresh meat skaters, refs, volunteers, and NSO's.  Check out the season schedule and information regarding recruitment at Memphis Roller Derby.com.  I am working the first bout, and may be skating the bout on the 28th depending on how my foot is holding up. 

If I didn't mention it, the past few months have been tough.  At some point in September, I injured my left foot.  Despite an x-ray, the doctor cannot seem to figure out what is wrong with it.  I took seven weeks off and wore a boot, but it still gives me pain.  We start back to practice next week, and if I skate and it doesn't give me pain, I will continue, if it gives me pain again, I may consider retiring from skating, yet continue to work in a volunteer capacity as a non-skating official, referee, and continue to work on getting the junior league up and running.  

Wish me luck and as always, thank you for reading.
Pin It

3 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

i'm sorry your foot's still giving you pain, but i'm impressed you already have a back-up plan for if you have to hold off skating for a while. a junior league sounds like something my daughter would've loved!

Tasha Margette said...

Thanks :). My hope is I can continue to skate, because it my passion, however, I must be realistic. I am very excited about starting the junior league. How old is your daughter?

Divers and Sundry said...

she's in her mid-20's and her work schedule doesn't allow for regular activities like sports now, but i can picture her in the junior league when she was younger.