Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Stomp - Tennessee State Conference




The Stomp (2008) aka Honky Tonk Stomp (2007) - Is comprised of the three Tennessee All-Star teams going up against each other in a three day event. Nashville Rhythm & Bruisers, Memphis Hustlin' Rollers & Hard Knox Roller Girls.

Last Year, the Hustlin' Rollers walked away with the title of state champions.

MRDeviants (the loving nickname for our fans)












It's basically unofficial. We are not WFTDA certified yet, and neither are the Hard Knox Roller Girls. Nashville Rhythm & Bruisers are, but are not currently ranked amongst the leagues in WFTDA. Reason being they have not played enough league sanctioned games for ranking.

This weekend is a re-match of 2007. I had the opportunity to travel last year to Nashville and play in the game against Knoxville. It was a hard game, my first as a travel team member and as a jammer, my performance was very poor. My coach Jonjitsu put me in as a blocker after our skater Lyn-da-licious was viciously stomped in the kidney with a skate. The paramedics were quick with advising her to go to the hospital, but she refused. Not a surprise. She is one of the toughest skaters on our league. She insisted he throw me in as her replacement, as I normally don't block, but she knew I was up for the task. He did, and I did well as a blocker, succeeding in stopping the opposing jammer several times.

Personally, I felt really bad about my jamming, because in a game previous to this against our inter-league team the WMD's, I managed to score the most points in the game and we won that game by just 5 points. After watching the video's of the 2007 Honky Tonk Stomp, my spirits were not so much dampened. I watched jammer after jammer experience the same woes as I. They couldn't break through, they fell on the slick spots and ultimately didn't score any points either.

I've remained on travel team this whole time, but it seems a bag of mixed nuts. Either my health or other things have interfered with my practices and ultimately my ability to travel out of town for games.

I'm wishing my teammates the best of luck this Stomp and If you have a chance to visit Knoxville, you'll be in for a treat.

Sunday, they have miscellaneous scrimmages against different derby girls, refs against coaches, etc. Lots of fun.

For more information, please visit Hard Knox Roller Girls Dot Com

Whoop That Trick Hustlin' Rollers! Pin It

No comments: